NYSPMR: SHOULDER ULTRASOUND WORKSHOP
Saturday, January 5th, 2019
9:00 am – 12:00 pm
Registration and Breakfast opens at 8:30 am
Course Directors: Richard G. Chang, MD, MPH (Mount Sinai)
Workshop Co-Chairs: Mohammed Emam, MD (SUNY Downstate)
Site Coordinator: Cory Ullger, MD (NYU)
Attending Faculty: Salvador E. Portugal, DO (NYU); Gerardo Miranda-Comas, MD (Mount Sinai), Nicholas R. Beatty, DO (Mount Sinai/Regenerative Sportscare Institute); Dallas Kingsbury, MD (NYU)
Sports Fellow Faculty: Derek Ho, DO (SUNY Downstate); Mariam Zakhary, DO (Mount Sinai); Walter Alomar-Jimenez, MD, JD (Mount Sinai)
TARGET AUDIENCE: Musculoskeletal ultrasound course (MSK-US) focusing on scanning and injection techniques. It is designed for beginner and intermediate level Attending Physicians, Residents and Fellows in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Review the technical features of the ultrasound machine and how to set up a shoulder study.
- Learn normal and abnormal sonographic shoulder anatomic structures
- Learn how to perform common ultrasound guided injections.
- Obtain hands-on scanning practice and learn standardized scanning protocols
8:30 AM – 9:00 AM: Registration
9:00 AM – 11:45 AM: Lecture with live demonstration and hands-on practice
- Ultrasound Overview
- Shoulder US Anatomy & US findings of Common shoulder Pathologies
- All Participants will be divided into 6 groups, which will rotate through different workstations. Each participant will receive 1:1 hands-on training with each stations preceptor
11:45 PM – 12:00 PM: Wrap-up/Discussion
Location: Alumni Hall A, 1st Floor, NYU Langone Medical Center, 550 1st avenue, New York, NY 10016
Cost: $30 (for active NYSPMR members) and $150 (for non-members).
Registration: Go to https://newyorksocietyofpmr.wildapricot.org/event-3168003 Sign-up early to reserve a spot! This workshop fills up quickly. Members will be eligible for the discounted rate by entering their membership email address during the check-out process. Non-members may receive the discounted workshop rate by selecting “Join Us” and becoming a NYSPMR member prior to registering.
Volunteers/Models get 50% off, Limited to 6 models/volunteers, commitment includes early arrival for set-up and help with clean up, first come first serve! Use code 27GZNJ36