Common Claims Against Physiatrists & Lawsuits – Avoid Being a Target
MLMIC Insurance Co. & Fager Amsler Keller & Schoppmann, LLP (FAKSLAW)
Mark Ambrose, RN, DNP, MLMIC Risk Management Consultant
Joyce McCormack, RN, MLMIC Risk Management Consultant
Brian Felton, Esq. Fager Amsler Keller & Shoppmann, LLP
Course Director: Laurentiu I. Dinescu, MD
Clinical Education Exec. Committee Co-Chair: Teresa Bianchi, DO
For the practicing physiatrist and physiatrist-in-training, this workshop will proved insight as to how to best protect oneself from potential legal claims.
- Identify the most common claims against physiatrists.
- Share strategies to mitigate the likelihood of becoming a defendant in a malpractice lawsuit.
- Highlight ways in which physiatrists may be targeted in lawsuits.
- Recommend the best practice to reduce your liability in exposure.
- Propose ways to strengthen your defense in the event of a malpractice claim.
- Q&A: Answer pertinent legal questions from participants.
Cost: FREE for active NYSPMR members
$150 for nonmembers
CME: 1.5 AMA PRA category 1 credit for live participation only.
- This blog has been prepared for informational purposes only by the presenter.
- It does not, and is not intended to, constitute specific advice.
- There is no affiliation between the presenter and NYSPMR.
- The statements, views, and opinions expressed in the videos/ text are solely those of the presenter and do not necessarily represent the views of the NYSPMR.