Cutting Edge Concepts in Amputee Care:
A Hands-on Lower Extremity Prosthetics and Orthotics Workshop
Saturday, January 27th 2018, 9 AM – 12 PM
Sponsored by Arimed.
Registration and Breakfast will open at 8:30am
NYU Langone Medical Center
Skirball Institute, 4th Floor Seminar Room
550 First Avenue, New York, NY, 10016
Paulinder Rai, DO
Susan Stickevers, MD
Matt Dilberti, CPO
Workshop Committee Chairs: Leroy Lindsay, MD and Nick Beatty, DO
Resident Directors: Naomi Kaplan, BS, MBBS and Yonghoon Lee, DO
Site Coordinator: Teresa Bianchi, DO
This is didactic and hands-on combined course focusing mainly on high yield Prosthetics material, relevant for the PM&R board exam. It is designed for Attending Physicians, Fellows and Residents in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation.
- Learn about levels of amputation,different typesof lower extremity prosthetics and about gait and gait deviations.
- Learn the prosthetics “process”: from pre-amputation and surgery to post-op and pre-prosthetic programs, prosthetic prescription/ fabrication and training.
- Understand indications for prosthetics and how they can improve patient care.
- Understand the key elements of a prosthetic prescription.
- 8:30 am – 9:00 am – Registration
- 9:00 am –9:45 am – Physiatrist Role in Pre-Amputation Evaluation by Dr. Rai
- 10:00am – 11:30 am – Integrated Workshop & Prescription Writing and Clinical Practice by Dr. Stickevers and Arimed
- 11:30am – 12:00 pm –Novel Approach to Post-Prosthetic Training and Longitudinal Care for Amputee Patients by Dr. Rai
$30 (for active NYSPMR members) and $150 (for non-members)
Non-members may pay membership online to join by going to: www.nyspmr.org/membership
- Click Hereto complete the registration form. Sign up early to reserve a spot!
- Members will be eligible for the discounted rate by entering their membership email address during the check-out process.
- Non-members may receive the discounted workshop rate by selecting “Join Us” and becoming a member prior to making a payment.