Role of Physiatry in the Evaluation and Management of Pelvic Pain Disorders
Tayyaba Ahmed, DO
About our Speaker:
Dr. Tayyaba Ahmed is a doctor of physical medicine and rehabilitation who was born and raised in New York. She completed the BS/DO program at New York Institute of Technology and was trained at the New York College of Osteopathic Medicine, Northwell Health Plainview Hospital and the NYU Langone Medical Center/RUSK Institute for Rehabilitation.
A board-certified Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation physician, Dr. Ahmed is also a fellow of the Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and a member of the International Pelvic Pain Society.
She has been treating pelvic pain since the inception of Pelvic Rehabilitation Medicine in early 2017. Since then Dr. Ahmed has contributed to a textbook which is considered a staple during every Physiatrist’s training. She has also been an investigator in research studies to further the field of pelvic rehabilitation.
Ahmed T, Chan I: “Pelvic Pain”, Essentials of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, 4th ed. Frontera W, Silver J, Rizzo T; Elsevier, Philadelphia, Nov 2018.
- International Pelvic Pain Society, October 2018 Chicago, IL. A Novel, Non-Opioid Treatment For Endometriosis Related Symptoms Utilizing Pelvic Floor Musculature Trigger Point Injections and Peripheral Nerve Hydrodissection. Bayer−Mertens Human A, Hill C, Ahmed T, Shrikhande G, Shrikhande A
- International Pelvic Pain Society, October 2018 Chicago, IL. A Novel, Regenerative Treatment Approach for Patients with Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome Utilizing Alpha-2 Macroglobulin. Bayer-Mertens Human A, Ahmed T, Hill C, Shrikhande G, Shrikhande A.
- International Continence Society, August 2018 Philadephia PA. A Novel, Non-opioid based treatment approach to men with urologic chronic pelvic pain syndrome (UCPPS) using ultrasound guided nerve hydrodissection and pelvic floor musculature trigger point injections. Shrikhande A, Bayer-Mertens Human A, Ahmed T, Shrikhande G, Hill C.
- International Pelvic Pain Society, October 2017 Washington DC. Persistent Genital Arousal Disorder Treatment with Ultrasound guided, pelvic floor trigger point injections and peripheral nerve hydrodissection- A case series. Abigail Bayer-Mertens Human, TayyabaAhmed and Allyson Shrikhande 2017
Dr. Ahmed has been nominated by her peers as a New York Rising Star in 2019 and 2020.
She has advocated on behalf of those suffering with pelvic pain and encourages the importance and need for pelvic education on a variety of podcasts as below.
OB Wannabes Podcast with Cassi McDiarmid S1 Episode 6, Dec 29th 2020
Living a Better Life Podcast with Madelaine Golec Episode 83, Nov 9th 2020
Pelvic Matters with Marina Castellanos S1 Episode 5, October 5th 2020
- You Are Not Broken with Dr Kelly Casperson Episode 35, September 6th 2020
- The WoMed with Danielle Maltby S2 Episode 20, July 20, 2020
- The Woke Desi with Annika and Nehal S4 July 7th, 2020
- Not Defined by Endo by Teniola Ogunro S2 Episode 11 June 23, 2020
- IC Wellness Podcast with Elisabeth Yaotani August 15th 2019
- How Cum Podcast with Remy Kassimir, Episode 23 June 9th 2019
- Perfete Podcast- Special Episode March 28th 2019
- Naan Stop Chit Chai Episode 105 March 18, 2019
- Physician’s Guide to Doctoring with Dr. Bradley Block, September 26th 2018
- The Period Party with Nat & Nicole, All Things Pelvic! August 13th, 2018
- RUSK Insights on Rehabilitation Medicine with Dr. Thomas Elwood, Part 2 August 1st 2018
- RUSK Insights on Rehabilitation Medicine with Dr. Thomas Elwood, Part 1 July 25th 2018
- The V Hive by Hannah Matluck, Episode 6 June 25th 2018
- MD for Moms Radio with Host Dr. Carly Snyder, Episode 65 October 24th 2017.
Dr Ahmed has also spoken on many panels for National conferences including CME lectures and Hospital Grand Rounds.
IMANA Webinar Male Pelvic Pain (10/16/20)
- Long Island Doula Association Speaker (10/15/20)
- Crohns & Colitis Foundation Panelist (8/8/20)
- Panelist at The Endometriosis Summit (3/2020) Hoboken, NJ
Panelist at CEAMNY Pelvic Health for Child Birth Educators (1/2020) New York, NY
- Speaker at Chronicon (10/28/2019) New York, NY
- Speaker at Crohns & Colitis Foundation Patient Advocate Day (9/2019) Mt Sinai Hosp, NY
- Speaker at 41st APPNA Annual Convention (7/2019) Orlando, FL
- Speaker for WAPPNA at APPNA Annual Convention (7/2019) Orlando, FL
- Pelvic Health Summit Speaker, (5/2019) Online Summit
- Rheumatology Grand Rounds Lecture at Montefiore, (4/2019) Bronx, NY
- Panelist at The Endometriosis Summit (3/2019) Hoboken, NJ
- Grand Rounds Lecture at Indus Hospital, (1/2019) Karachi Pakistan
- Pelvic Health Summit Speaker, (5/2018) Online Summit
- Wine and GYN for She Knows Media, A Panel on Self-Advocacy March 28th 2018
- TCS New York City Marathon, Sports Medicine Attending (11/2017)
- Speaker at 2017 Annual Clinical Assembly of Osteopathic Surgeons (ACA); Non Surgical Treatment for Pelvic Pain (10/2017) National Harbor, MD
- Speaker for NYU Health Care Professionals at NYU Health Center (6/2017) New York, NY
- Speaker for Endo Warrior Education Seminar (6/2017) New York, NY
- This blog has been prepared for informational purposes only by the presenter.
- It does not, and is not intended to, constitute specific advice.
- There is no affiliation between the presenter and NYSPMR.
- The statements, views, and opinions expressed in the videos/ text are solely those of the presenter and do not necessarily represent the views of the NYSPMR.
- Lectures 1
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 1 hour
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 314
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes