Responding to Fraud and Abuse Investigations
Telehealth – Cybersecurity
Saturday June 26, 2021
9:00 – 11:00 AM (EST)
MLMIC Insurance Co. &
Fager Amsler Keller & Schoppmann, LLP (FAKSLAW)
Course Director: Laurentiu I. Dinescu, MD
Clinical Education Exec. Committee Co-Chair: Teresa Bianchi, DO
Al Anthony Mercado, Esq. – Managing Atty at Fager, Amsler, Keller & Schoppmann, LLP
William P. Hassett, Esq. – Fager, Amsler, Keller & Schoppmann, LLP
For all physiatrists, this workshop will provide timely and invaluable strategies how to navigate a fraud & abuse investigation, and best practices for telehealth encounters.
Learn which entities may bring forward a fraud & abuse investigation.
- Share the procedures to follow when responding to a fraud & abuse investigation.
- Discuss documentation issues associated with investigations.
- Understand communication guidelines throughout the course of fraud & abuse investigation.
- Identify licensure issues associated with the use of telehealth.
- Learn requirements & ways to obtain consent for telehealth encounters.
- Discuss strategies to minimize risk of privacy breaches.
- Understand how to mitigate medical liability risks associated with telehealth encounters.
- Q&A: Answer pertinent questions from participants.
Cost: FREE for active NYSPMR members
$150 for non members
CME: 1.5 AMA PRA category 1 credit for live participation only.
***To register, click on the “Curriculum” tab above and follow the registration link. You will need to be logged in to continue.
- This blog has been prepared for informational purposes only by the presenter.
- It does not, and is not intended to, constitute specific advice.
- There is no affiliation between the presenter and NYSPMR.
- The statements, views, and opinions expressed in the videos/ text are solely those of the presenter and do not necessarily represent the views of the NYSPMR.
- Lectures 1
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 2 hours
- Language English
- Students 75
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes