ABPMR Part 2 (Oral) Board Exam – Preparation
Saturday April 14th, 2018
9AM – 12PM
(Registration Opens @ 8:30am)
462 First Avenue (@27th Street),
Ambulatory Care Center, 2nd Floor, Desk 2B
NY, NY 10016
COURSE DIRECTOR: Laurentiu I. Dinescu, MD (KJMC)
COURSE FACULTY: David Cancel, MD (Montefiore), Jeffrey S. Fine, MD (NYU Langone – Brooklyn), Jonathan S. Kirschner, MD (HSS), Thomas A. Riolo, DO (The PM&R Center PA, Englewood NJ), Marc K. Ross, MD (KJMC)
SITE COORDINATOR: Teresa Bianchi, MD (NYU)
WORKSHOP Executive Committee Co-Chair Lead: Nick Beatty, DO
TARGET AUDIENCE: This workshop is focusing on improving the knowledge and skill of the Rehab Physician who is preparing for the ABPMR Part 2 (Oral) Examination. It is designed for Attending Physicians, Fellows and Residents in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation who are planning to take this exam.
- Learn about the oral examination process.
- Learn what to expect, decrease the anxiety of the “unknown” and identify your own weaknesses.
- Learn test-taking tips and strategies.
- Practice taking the examination in a similar fashion to the actual ABPMR examination.
- Hands-on: Each “candidate” will have the chance to be examined and also observe others being examined. This will give everyone the opportunity to learn from each other. Every candidate will rotate through different stations.
- 8:30 am – 9:00 am – Registration/ Distribution of Examination ID’s
- 9:00 am – 9:30 am – Introduction/ Orientation
- 9:30 am – 10:00 am – 1st Examination session & Feedback
- 10:00 am – 10:30 am – 2nd Examination session & Feedback
- 10:30 am – 11:00 am – 3rd Examination session & Feedback
- 11:00 am – 12:00 pm – Discussion/ Wrap up
COST: $20 (for active NYSPMR members) and $50 (for non-members).
REGISTRATION: Go to: https://newyorksocietyofpmr.wildapricot.org/event-2849546
- Space is limited to only 18 attendees, as a courtesy please notify us if unable to attend after registering.
- Parking (not included) is available on 530 First Avenue (under NYU Langone Medical Center near 30th St) or 400 East 34th Street (entrance to the Rusk Institute of Rehabilitation Medicine). Bellevue Hospital is accessible by the M15 bus or by 6 train to 33rd St.& Park Ave.